- Angular deformities correct 1° per month or about 10° per year if growth plates are open.
- Bayonet apposition: <1cm will correct for patients <10 years old. >10 years old not tolerated.
- Rotational deformities: not tolerated
Forearm position for splinting:
- Proximal third: moderate supination
- Middle third: neutral
- Distal third: moderate pronation
Distal radius metaphysis fractures that are minimally angulated, minimally displaced and do not involve the growth plate can be treated with a splint/cast or prefabricated splint.
Can often be associated with an ulna shaft buckle or complete ulna fracture.