- Kendrick femoral traction kit
- Lie the patient supine with the injured leg supported.
- Provide appropriate analgesia for patient.
- Secure the ankle hitch.
- Place the upper thigh strap, ensuring holes for traction device are located on outside. This will go from the groin to the lateral ischial tuberosity.
- Place traction pole laterally.
- Position the leg support straps (first green at proximal tibia, next yellow at knee and finally red at distal femur).
- Using device, apply longitudinal traction (utilize approximately 10% of patient’s total body weight).
- Reassess pulses, motor and sensation.