- Splinting material (padded fiberglass or 8-10 layers of plaster)
- Elastic bandaging
- Proximal: Posterior proximal humerus
- Distal: MCP
- Start: posterior proximal humerus
- Wrap around elbow, splinting along the ulnar forearm.
- End: ulnar metacarpophalangeal joints
- Elbow at 90º
- Forearm neutral position with thumb up
- Neutral or slightly extended wrist (10–20º)
- Pad the hand, wrist, arm, and elbow evenly, paying particular attention to elbow and ulnar styloid.
- Apply splinting material.
- Secure the splint with elastic bandage.
- Reassess pulses, motor and sensation.