- Splinting material (padded fiberglass or 12-15 layers of plaster)
- Elastic bandaging
- Proximal: Fibular head
- Distal: Plantar surface of the metatarsal heads
- Extends down posterior leg, over the heel and ends at the metatarsal heads.
- Toes remain free
- Ankle positioned at 90º
- Patient can be positioned prone or sitting with knee bent at 90º.
- Apply padding, with special attention to padding over the calcaneus.
- Apply splinting material and mold to support injury.
- Secure with elastic bandage.
- Reassess pulses, motor and sensation.